Thursday, July 24, 2014

Favorite Projects


  Designing custom pieces for collectors is one of my favorite challenges in my job as a jeweler. I love when I can match the jewelry to the clients individual style. Judith is one of those collectors that has a definite modern style to her tastes in jewelry. She came in to the showroom with a diamond that belonged to her mother and a small bag of assorted pebbles that were from her childhood home in England. She wanted them incorporated into a bracelet. After selecting some of the most unique pebbles I began arranging them with the diamond and sketching the design elements of the piece. The stones would be bezel set on a rectangle of sterling silver that would form the top of a modern shaped cuff bracelet. The finished product was perfect for Judith’s look and had a huge sentimental value to her.






No comments:

Post a Comment